December 16, 2014
The Pierce County Housing Authority (PCHA) has established a Small Works Roster to expedite the solicitation and award of bids up to $100,000.00 on construction and repair projects on our federally funded public housing units and up to $200,000.00 on our public works projects. Public works include all work, construction, alteration, repair, or improvement other than ordinary maintenance, executed at the cost of the PCHA, or which is by law a lien or charge upon PCHA property. The purpose of the Small Works Roster is to form a pool of contractors for various small construction projects. The projects will require in general that:
- Prevailing wages be paid and documented in compliance with RCW 39.12.
- A Performance Bond is executed in compliance with RCW 39.08 before beginning work. (applicable to projects in excess of $35,000)
- The contractor holds a Washington State Contractor’s License.
- Before commencing work, the Contractor and each subcontractor shall furnish the PCHA with certificates of insurance showing the following insurance is in force and will insure all operations under the Contract:
- Workers’ Compensation, in accordance with state or Territorial Workers’ Compensation laws.
- Commercial General Liability with a combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage of not less than $1,000,000.00 per occurrence.
- Automobile Liability on owned, and non-owned motor vehicles used on the site(s) or in connection therewith for a combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage of not less than $500,000.00 per occurrence.
- Contractor must have or be able to obtain a City Business License before beginning work in jurisdictions that require them. (Lakewood, Fife, Puyallup)
When the need to have a small public work performed is identified, qualified bidders recorded on the Small Works Roster in the appropriate category or categories shall be invited to bid. Any bidder who does not respond to a small works roster invitation to bid may be removed from that category or categories of the Small Works Roster. A written response of “No Bid” shall be sufficient response to retain a vendor on the Small Works Roster. Minority, woman owned and other disadvantaged firms are encouraged to apply for placement on this roster.
The small works roster application packets are available using the link below, or can be picked up at Pierce County Housing Authority, 603 Polk St S, Building C, Tacoma, WA 98444 or your can request that an application be mailed to you by calling (253) 620-5450. The application period is open all year.
Return the completed packets to: Pierce County Housing Authority, Attention Project Administrator, PO Box 45410, Tacoma, WA 98448-5410