Welcome to the waiting list search portal. Please read the information below.
Section 8 Wait List Status
- The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher waiting list will open again on September 17, 2018 and will remain open for applications until December 1, 2019. Click here for additional information.If you have questions about the Section 8 wait list, please contact via us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to the high volumn of applications, phone calls cannot be returned regarding statuses in a timely manner. As we have over 10,000 aplicants multiples calls will make it harder to get back to our clientele in need, so please be considerate. We encourage emails to be sent to the website listed above as this is monintored regularly by staff.
- The lottery for applicants to the Pierce County Housing Authority Section 8 wait list that was open in November 2015 has been completed. Notice about the status of your application was mailed between December 14, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
What will you need to check your status?
If you aren't already registered to use our On-Line Waiting List (OWL) portal, you will need to create a user ID. Registration requires:
- Create a user name
- Create a user password
- Email address
- Social Security Number of Applicant
How do I check my status the waiting list?
- Check the On-line Waiting List portal periodically for changes. As long as your status does not show withdrawn, you are on the waitlist. The lottery for the Housing Choice Voucher is not ranked so this field will be blank when viewing the On-line portal.
What can I do to help ensure that my notification letter gets to me?
Read and follow the notification letter carefully.
- If selected, all documentation requested is to be returned with the packet within 10 days from the date of your notification letter. The deadline date is specifically noted on all requests.
- If we mail notification to you and your letter/packet has been returned, or you do not respond, you will be withdrawn from the list.
**NOTE: It is the responsiblity of the applicant to notify us of any contact information changes such as address, phone number and email address as all correspondence is processed through the mail. changes can be mailed to the Housing Authority at 1525-108th Street South, Tacoma, WA 98444, emailed or brought in person at any time**