Go To PCHA Home Page
Pierce County Housing Authority
Tacoma, Washington        253.620.5400


Current Clients and Residents 

Housing Information


**Addressing Tenant Concerns Regarding Rent and the Temporary Suspension of Evictions for Nonpayment of Rent Informational Flyer **

  Links to the forms presented here are for the use of current PCHA clients and residents.


   Affordable Housing Residents


Apartment Tenant Notice to Vacate (pdf)- A form to complete and turn in to your Property Manager  


   Make a Payment On-line Using Pay Lease- You will need your monthly billing statement to register the first time you log in


Submit Work Order Request - Report a Repair or Maintenance Work Item



Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Clients


   Main Phone: 253.620.5400 Main Fax: 253.620.5455


Report Changes via email - Report changes in your Section 8 Housing Speclialist


   Who is my caseworker?  - Identify the staff person assigned to your case.






Top Questions to Ask yourself when considering relocation- If you are considering relocation start here!


Relocation Procedures- If have questions on a current relocation, please review before contacting your Housing Specialist directly.


Porting in to the Pierce County Housing Authority? You will need to make contact with your current Housing Authority and request a portability packet be sent to PCHA. This portability packet can be mailed, emailed to portablity@pchawa.org, or faxed by your current Housing Authority.  Please allow 10-14 business days for this process to be completed and know that you may be asked to supply additional or updated information. Your initial Housing Authority is not required to submit your entire file to us. Once the file review is completed you will be contacted by your assigned Housing Specialist and an appointment will be scheduled accordingly.


The Pierce County Housing Authority is currently BILLING all incoming ports.


Pierce County Housing Authorities Jurisidction Map- A Pierce County Housing Choice Voucher can only be utilized out side of the city limits of Tacoma. When looking for a new unit it is important to make sure that your unit can be covered by our Agency.


Neighborhood Statistics Booklet- A  breakdown of the area in which you may choose to relocate


January 1, 2020 Payment Standards- Current payment standard being used to calculate unit eligiblity. This is the maximum subsidy a family may be eligible to receive. **Please note that you will be issued a formal break down based on your household's composition and income once relocation has been requested**


Utility Allowance Schedule-The amount designated by the public housing agency as a family's reasonable allowance to cover its monthly utility bills. This is used to determine a household eligibilityy for a unit once a completed Request for Tenancy Approval has been returned. 





Asset Verification Form

Briefing Packet-New Admission

Briefing Packet  PB-New Admission

Change of Circumstance Form -required for any change in household composition being reported

Child Support Verification Form

Certification of Disablity Form-This form is to be returned to verify a disablity if you are not currently receiving SSI benefits.

Debts Owed Informational Flyer

Declaration of Eligblity 214-This form is required for all household members, declaring citizenship status.

Employment Verification Form-To be completed when beginning new employment or ending employment. Form will then be emailed, faxed or mailed directly to the employer to confirm hire dates, wages, etc.

Family Obligations

Hud 2502-0581 application supplement This form is to be completed for us to discuss your housing with non-household members

Hud 9886 Release

Lead Based Paint Disclosure

Live in Aide-PIH Notice

Marijuana Memorandum -Although Marijuana is approved recreationally and medicinally for use in the State of Washington it it not federally recognized and therefore you cannot engage in the use in your federally assisted unit.

Notice of Intent to Move-This form is to be returned approximately 40-45 days prior to the date you intend to vacate your current unit. This will result in a relocation packet being issued to provide you with your voucher, maximum rent amounts, your Request for Tenancy Approval and additional resources to help locate a new unit.

Portablity Informational Flyer-Description of how portablity works.

Portablity Request Form- This form is to be returned approximately 40-45 days prior to the date you intend to leave our jurisdiction.

Reasonable Accommodation-To be completed when a persons with a handicap or disablity requires the Housing Authority to go outside of policy to ensure the person the opportunity to access housing, maintain housing, or for full use and enjoyment of the housing and establish that the need dervies from the disablity.

Statement of Zero Income Form-Required for any persons 18 years of age or older that has claimed zero income, or very low income.

Student Status Verification-Required for any persons 18 years of age or older attending school to verify enrollment status.

Tenant Certification Affidavit-This certification is used to confirm the information being requested when you are unable to obtain by the requested deadline, because you are unable to provide the information being requested, or to explain circumstances that cannot otherwise be verified with a 3rd party.

Third Party Certification-to be completed by a third party that is assisting a family directly to help meet their monthly expenses.

Tenancy Addendum

VAWA Informing Notice

S8 UAP Direct Deposit Enrollment- Online enrollment for Utility Assistance payments

Make a DRA Payment On-line using PayLease - You will need your monthly billing statement to register the first time you log in


Low-Income Public Housing Clients

Make a Payment On-line using your checking or savings account, debit or credit card - You will need your monthly billing statement to register the first time you log in

Report Changes- Report changes in your LIPH Case 

Submit Work Order Request - Report a Repair or Maintenance Work Item

Community Service Requirements

Community Service Tracking Sheet

Community Service Certification


Contact Us Form - Contact us with your general questions or comments




©2018 All Rights Reserved, Pierce County Housing Authority - Tacoma, Washington | 253.620.5400 | Created and Maintained by WSI | Home | Contact Us | Disclaimer | Privacy | Site Map